We know what sets Virgin Australia apart is our people and the drive that we all have to make a real difference for our guests. Our culture encourages innovation whilst ensuring that our guests remain the focus of our business. We deliver a highly professional and polished service, whilst ensuring that we are safe in everything that we do. We want dedicated people who are passionate about customer service and ready for the challenge of working in a challenging environment.
The reality is that being a team member of the Virgin Australia group of airlines involves hard work but is very rewarding. Our people are at the cornerstone of the business and their award winning service to every guest every day is putting the magic back into flying
About the role
We are looking for a dynamic leader to fill the role of Manager, Flight Technical in our Flight Operations team in Perth. This position will draw upon your leadership experience to provide direction and oversight to VARA’s Flight Operations Technical function. This role will see you leading a team of Technical Pilots and Performance Analysts which support both the A320 and F100 aircraft fleets. You will also work closely with aircraft manufacturers, regulators, suppliers and airport operators. An exciting component of the technical function is working closely with stakeholders throughout the Virgin Group to identify and implement new technology solutions.
Responsibilities of this exciting role include:
- Oversight and maintenance of aircraft performance data,
- Work closely with Airport Operators on the enhancement of VARA airport infrastructure and capabilities,
- Manage the safe and effective conduct and supervision of aircraft maintenance verification, ferry and acceptance flights,
- Collaborate with the CAMO to ensure Permissible Unservicabilities and Minimum Equipment Lists are unambiguous and technically sound,
- Provide advice on aircraft, airport and route performance to other VARA Departments in support of commercial growth objectives,
- Continuously improve operational manuals contained in the VARA suite of Operations Manuals,
- Assess the impact of AFM amendments, Service Bulletins and MEL amendments on flying operations,
- Exercise supplier oversight and continual improvement of the flight planning system,
- Administer the integration and change management with stakeholders of new technology modifications to existing aircraft and systems,
- Coordinate with the VARA Weight Control Authority to maintain accurate weight and configuration information in Company aircraft loading systems, and
- Collaborate with AMO’s and the VARA CAMO on technical matters.
What you’ll need
To be successful in this role you will have previous experience as Flight Crew and have a detailed understanding of aircraft performance and associated software systems. You will be a proactive and solution focused team member who has excellent communication skills, highly developed report writing skills and be proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite. Previous experience in a leadership role and aircraft performance analysis will see you succeed in this position.
Apart from joining an airline with an exemplary safety record and ongoing excellence in on time performance, you can expect:
- Award winning airline – Join Skytrax’s Best Airline and Airline Staff in Australia/Pacific for 2017!
- Diverse career paths and career development
- Great domestic and international flight benefits for you, your family and your friends
- Industry benefits – lounge membership, hotels, travel insurance, car hire, tours, and retail – you name it, we have a deal for it
Are you ticking all the boxes and can’t wait to apply? Don’t miss the opportunity to submit your application today! Will this be the final step in your career? We hope so. Join the Virgin Australia Flight Operations team and have the airline career you've always dreamed of.