We know what sets Virgin Australia apart is our people and the drive that we all have to make a real difference for our guests. Our culture encourages innovation whilst ensuring that our guests remain the focus of our business. We deliver a highly professional and polished service, whilst ensuring that we are safe in everything that we do. We want dedicated people who are passionate about customer service and ready for the challenge of working in a challenging environment.
Our people are at the cornerstone of the business and their award-winning service to every guest every day is putting the magic back into flying.
About the role:
With over 1400 Flight Crew, this is a pivotal role within our Virgin Australia team. Reporting to the Team Leader of Flight Crew Pre-Assignments, you will be responsible for all aspects of planning and rostering of Flight Crew initial, upgrade, conversion, and recurrent check and training requirements. You will ensure our Flight Crew across our regional, domestic, and international operations are appropriate qualified prior to line duties and maintain all associated records and qualifications.
Please note this is a 12-month secondment opportunity.
To be successful within this role, you will need to have a focus on stakeholder engagement (both internally and externally) and work collaboratively to ensure all parties are kept informed at all times. You will have a focus on financial management and schedule all check and training resources and devices in a cost-effective manner. You will also have a high attention to detail to ensure compliance to CASA requirements at all times.
What else you’ll need:
- Proven experience in a resource planning or rostering role.
- Working knowledge of airline industry rules and regulations (an understanding of CASA regulations regarding flight Crew licensing and training beneficial).
- Application of industrial, regulatory rules or enterprise agreements within a large organisation.
- A strong focus on safety and compliance, and ideally an understanding or awareness of fatigue management.
- High level prioritisation to work toward strict timeframes.
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel.
If you are ready for your next challenge and are a champion of better, we want to hear from you. Apply now!
For further information, see the below position description.
Position Description - Resource Planner (Training).pdf