Velocity Frequent Flyer is the award - winning loyalty program of Virgin Australia, providing members with many easy ways to earn Velocity Points both at home and around the world to enjoy fantastic rewards sooner! Our people make it happen here at Velocity, and it is all about your engagement ability, creative expertise, ideas, and willingness to bring a fresh perspective to the way we do things.
What are we doing?
Currently we’re going through a ground-breaking technology and capability transformation with a renewed focus on our digital presence and member experience; aiming to be Australia’s most loved loyalty program. At the core of our journey is our Digital Transformation Program and the wider change program, linking our business mission, strategy, and processes to our technology strategy.
About the role:
Velocity Frequent Flyer needs to have a strong and consistent brand in the market place to compete and stay top of mind. The role of the Brand Manager is to be the custodian of the Velocity brand. The strength of the this brand as part of the Virgin family is key to the ongoing success of the program and underpins all consumer facing projects.
The Brand Manager will demonstrate superior leadership and provide guidance, direction and expertise on all matters concerning the Velocity brand and how it is represented in market. Other responsibilities include:
- Provide a definitive and articulated vision for the brand across all existing and new touchpoints as well as any future evolutions of the brand in a decisive manner
- Lead the strategy, development and implementation of high profile brand led projects, campaigns and initiatives while providing ongoing guidance across the business as to how the brand should be represented and what is 'on-brand'.
- Engage with stakeholders to influence and drive outcomes both internally and externally to ensure overall brand recognition grows.
Who you are:
Strong communicator. You can clearly explain to all levels of an organisation overall campaign & creative performance and the case for change
You own it. You are accountable and are determined to deliver the best outcome for the member, partner, and organisation
A strategic thinker. You own and drive business strategy, lead objectives and champion continuous improvement
Commercially savvy. You have business smarts, and can drive solutions that make commercial sense.
What you’ll need:
- Extensive experience in managing large scale high profile creative projects from initiation to delivery and post campaign reporting/ tracking.
- 8+ years in a similar marketing, brand or agency based role
- Deep knowledge of creative deliverables including all forms of ATL, TTL, BTL, digital & experiential.
- Natural brand nous and style. Plus ability articulate vision in a definitive and decisive manner.
- Proven experience overseeing enterprise brand initiatives
- Ability to show resilience and exercise good judgement and decision making under pressure
- Experience managing multiple agency partners and managing the relationships and processes, including agency briefings and feedback
- Excellent stakeholder engagement and inter-personal skills with the ability to inform and influence at all levels: C level, senior internal leaders, agencies and staff
- Strategic thinker with the ability to consider the business needs and evaluate effective creative concepts and ideas
- Energy and passion for brand marketing, marketing campaigns and innovation in the marketing and loyalty industry.
- Demonstrated ability to manage cross functional projects teams and team members in fast paced, high pressure brand led projects.
- Commercial acumen to critically analyse opportunities
- Previous creative agency experience is desirable
What you’ll get from us:
- Highly diverse and exciting creative role within a growing marketing team
- High exposure to senior management and an ability to make decisions and drive change
- Fantastic employee benefits including discounted flights for you, your family and friends (across domestic and international) and global accommodation options
- Study assistance – we offer support for study linked to development
- Team member development – we have our own in-house learning and development centre
If you are up for the challenge of being the brand guardian for the Velocity Frequent Flyer brand, then this is the role for you.