We know what sets Virgin Australia apart is our people and the drive that we all have to make a real difference for our guests. Our culture encourages innovation whilst ensuring that our guests remain the focus of our business. We deliver a highly professional and polished service, whilst ensuring that we are safe in everything that we do. We want dedicated people who are passionate about customer service and ready for the challenge of working in a challenging environment.
The reality is that being a team member of the Virgin Australia group of airlines involves hard work but is very rewarding. Our people are at the cornerstone of the business and their award winning service to every guest every day is putting the magic back into flying.
About the role:
We now have a rare opportunity for an IT Support Level 2 to join our Brisbane team. Reporting to the Service Delivery Leader, you will be responsible for end-to-end, face to face IT support to our Group CEO and Senior Leadership team across desktops, mobile and computing technologies in a fast paced corporate environment. This role will also require you to work closely with our managed service providers and partners to ensure the highest level of service is provided to the executive leadership team.
No two days are the same at Virgin. You will be challenged and have a lot of fun along the way through:
- Providing a comprehensive and exemplary level of client service and support to our company Executive and Senior Leadership team + their direct support teams across application and infrastructure services, enhancements, service management and incident/ disaster recovery
- Analysing complex technical problems and assist with troubleshooting incidents and support requests.
- Pro-actively analysing business problems and developing solutions with our IT vendors and partners for execution.
- Capturing business requirements and translating them into technical solutions.
- Providing the highest level of quality assure IT support services ensuring activities are delivering to SLA and on business outcomes.
This is the perfect role for you if you’ve previously worked with senior executives, providing the highest level of IT support and technical expertise. You live and breathe IT and have strong working knowledge & troubleshooting experience with Office products, hardware, software portable devices, desktops and laptops. What sets you apart is your sense of urgency and impeccable stakeholder management skill, combined with strong problem solving + analytical skills.
Previous experience in the following areas would be beneficial:
- Exposure to various forms of video conferencing: Polycom, Avaya, Tandberg, Lync/Skype for Business.
- Experience using the following Microsoft Administration tools:
- Active Directory
- Firm knowledge of Windows desktop operating systems in an enterprise environment.
- Basic knowledge of Mac OS, troubleshooting and incorporating Apple devices in a Windows based environment.
- A firm understanding of basic network principles and ability to diagnose and troubleshoot network connectivity.
- Good knowledge of ITIL and ITIL fundamentals.
- Ability to efficiently troubleshoot remotely.
- Basic understanding of O365 products.
What you’ll get from us:
This is an excellent opportunity to support the Virgin Australia Executive team, travel interstate and join a highly engaged and dynamic IT team.
The Virgin Australia group of airlines prides itself on recruiting the right people into the right roles and we’re always looking for team members to join our award winning team! Don’t miss your chance, apply now.