We are seeking an Aircraft Health Management Engineer to join our Technical Operations team in Brisbane.
What are we doing?
The Engineering Department is responsible for the activities performed by Virgin Australia and its contractors relating to the continuing airworthiness management functions, reliability and configuration of the aircraft fleet, to satisfy regulatory and company requirements in a cost-effective manner.
About the role:
This role will see you analysing aircraft data via Airman and AHM platforms, reviewing recurring defects and providing proactive measures to maintain the overall health and airworthiness of the Virgin Australia fleet.
Other typical duties will include:
- Liaising with Reliability and Fleet Engineering to provide solutions to on-going Fleet issues
- Providing solutions to improve on time performance of the Virgin Australia fleet
- Provide technical support during AOG events
- Providing technical analysis of aircraft data during investigations
We are looking for a candidate who has a comprehensive knowledge of aircraft engineering systems within either Mechanical or Avionics trades and the ability to cross over.
You will also demonstrate:
- Experience in a similar role with at least one aircraft type operated by Virgin Australia Airlines
- 5 years’ relevant work experience as an Aircraft Engineer or a professional Engineer
- High level of analytical skills
- A thorough understanding of a Continuous Airworthiness Maintenance Organisation and the associated regulatory requirements
- Focus on continuous improvement
- High level of skills in MS Office Suite
- Experience the Virgin Australia Culture which is unlike anything else you have experienced. Become part of an internationally recognised brand that feels like family
- See Australia and the world with access to heavily discounted flights for you, your family and friends on Virgin Australia and many of our interline partners. We are extremely proud of our Team Travel program and it won’t take long to realise why
- Take advantage of countless industry discounts – Lounge membership, hotels, travel insurance, car hire, tours, retail… the list goes on
- Be one of Skytrax’s Best Airline and Airline Staff in Australia/Pacific for 2017!
Ensure you complete an application form to register your interest. Click on the link below to apply for this role or visit the Virgin Australia careers page.
For more information, please see below position description.