Job no: 498958
Work type: Full Time
Location: New South Wales Metro
Categories: Product, Sales
We know what sets Virgin Australia apart is our people and the drive that we all have to make a real difference for our guests. Our culture encourages innovation whilst ensuring that our guests remain the focus of our business. We deliver a highly professional and polished service, whilst ensuring that we are safe in everything that we do. We want dedicated people who are passionate about customer service and ready for the challenge of working in a challenging environment.
The reality is that being a team member of the Virgin Australia group of airlines involves hard work but is very rewarding. Our people are at the cornerstone of the business and their award winning service to every guest every day is putting the magic back into flying.
About the role:
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Product Development Specialist to lead the development specific products and pricing solutions for a number of designated markets. You will be responsible for implementing solutions for specific markets, managing marketing plans, introducing business improvements and increasing Virgin Australia’s footprint whilst driving incremental revenue.
Other responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
- Leading development and implementation of all joint branded/individual product material by specific PoS ensuring the solutions makes commercial sense
- Analysing revenue reporting at levels to ensure maximum yield opportunities are realised
- Creating 3, 6 and 12 month activity plans for key markets within portfolio
- Managing and co-ordinating Events, Expo’s and tourism bodies specifically Tourism Australia
- Creating and implementing fare programs into market working directly with Virgin Australia’s “revenue management” and “pricing team”
- Collaborating with selected alliance partners on commercial product relationships
- Proactively identifying and implementing CoS reduction opportunities
Who you are:
A strong communicator. You have excellent presentation skills and are able to communicate clearly, effectively and always with purpose
A people person. You collaborate and engage with the internal and external stakeholders understanding relationships are key
An innovative thinker. You can come up with out of the box ideas and solutions to increase revenue.
Commercially savvy. You have business smarts, and can drive solutions that make commercial sense.
An analytical mind. You can look at the bigger picture and understand what ideas make sense in the market
What you’ll need:
- Understanding of the airline and travel industry with strong GDS knowledge
- Familiar with the working practices of airline revenue management and associated tools and processes
- Understanding of international inbound markets
- Proven experience developing and implementing products across multiple countries
- Proven contract implementation skills including developing CoS models
- Experience in developing and selling domestic/international air products across multiple PoS
- Experience writing business/initiative briefings and business plans
What you’ll get from us:
Other than the opportunity to work for an award winning airline…
This role is the opportunity to start with a blank canvas, identify growth opportunities and determine the direction that Virgin Australia goes in the future.
As a Virgin Australia team member, you will also receive fantastic employee benefits including discounted flights for you, your family and friends (across domestic and international) and global accommodation options.
This role is integral to the success of Virgin Australia’s International markets. If you’re up for the challenge of taking on this role, then we want to hear from you.
PD - Product Development Specialist_13 Oct.pdf
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Application close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now