The Virgin Australia group of airlines prides itself on recruiting the right people into the right roles and we know what sets us apart is our people and the drive that we all have to make a real difference for our guests. Our culture encourages heart, spirit, imagination and collaboration, whilst ensuring that our guests remain the focus of our business. We want dedicated people who are Champions of Better and ready for the challenge of working in a challenging environment.
The reality is that being a team member of the Virgin Australia group of airlines involves hard work but is very rewarding. Our people are at the cornerstone of the business and their award winning service to every guest every day is putting the magic back into flying.
About the role:
An exciting opportunity is now available to join our Team Travel department in a permanent full-time position.
Picture yourself in the role: As a Team Travel Consultant at Virgin Australia, your main role will be coordinating all travel for Virgin Australia employees, whether for business or pleasure, so they can enjoy the world’s most rewarding travel experience.
Here’s what your day to day looks like:
- Coordinate flights, hotel accommodation, car hire and conferencing requests with external suppliers.
- Prepare tailored, accurate and cost-effective travel itineraries.
- Help employees maximise their use and enjoyment of Virgin Australia’s suite of staff leisure benefits
- Support the general operations of Team Travel
We are a People Business, dedicated to Championing Better, and pride ourselves on our exceptional customer service. Our team members draw upon their knowledge of travel, Virgin Australia and our corporate partners to offer professional guidance and manage internal corporate travel for the VA Group. We are passionate about Virgin Australia employee benefits and are committed to ensuring staff enjoy a seamless travel experience.
What you’ll need:
To be successful in this role, you will have travel industry knowledge and an understanding of travel products and destinations. This, teamed with your experience using GDS systems (preferably Sabre Interact), will ensure you can hit the ground running.
Exceptional communication skills are vital for this opportunity, as is a proactive attitude and a true desire to build strong internal relationships. Your high level of attention to detail, ability to prioritise, and exceptional problem solving skills are a must.
What you’ll get from us:
- Fantastic employee benefits including discounted flights for you, your family and friends (across domestic and international) and global accommodation options
- Study assistance – we offer support for study linked to development
- Team member development – we have our own in-house learning and development centre
- Employee Assistance Program – we have 24-hour support for our team members and their families
This opportunity won’t be around for long. Don’t delay and miss your chance to be part of this fun, fast paced and dynamic team.
Role Description - Team Travel.pdf