Job no: 498888
Work type: Temp. Contract
Location: SYD Grosvenor Place
Velocity Frequent Flyer is the award - winning loyalty program of Virgin Australia, providing members with many easy ways to earn Velocity Points both at home and around the world to enjoy fantastic rewards sooner. Our people make it happen here at Velocity, and it is all about your engagement ability, technical expertise, ideas, and willingness to bring a fresh perspective to the way we do things.
What are we doing?
Currently we’re going through a ground-breaking transformation with a renewed focus on our digital presence and member experience. We seek to engage and delight our members through multiple touchpoints and digital experiences every day.
About the role:
We’ve created a new opportunity for a Copy and Content Writer to join us on our journey. You’ll have the unique responsibility of managing our editorial calendar with a day-to-day focus on crafting, editing and proofing compelling copy and written content for Velocity's owned channels (including eDMs, website landing pages, content hub, print, digital placements and social media). Adopting a self-starter approach, you’ll work collaboratively with other business units to deliver on-brand, engaging written content.
Other day to day accountabilities:
- Interpreting and owning our tone of voice and produce a step change in member engagement and interaction with the program – particularly in eDMs.
- Building our editorial tone of voice and developing an impactful editorial calendar following the sign off process.
- Analysing website traffic and data; identifying and understanding trends, issues and opportunities to develop copy/content solutions.
- Collaborating with the team on our social media strategy and developing compelling content ideas.
- Providing coordination support for larger campaigns and project work.
Who you are:
Skilled in SEO: you’ve got comprehensive understanding in SEO principles and can apply them to optimising web content to best practise.
Champion of creativity: pushing the boundaries to deliver engaging content and copy for our members, ultimately resulting in commercial success.
Original and inventive writer: skilled in writing long form and short form content. You’re naturally skilled in brainstorming editorial ideas and crafting headlines and hooks.
Passionate collaborator: thriving in fast paced environments, you enjoy managing stakeholders and ensuring expectations are exceeded.
Sophisticated communicator, problem solver and influencer: you have strong interpersonal skills and high emotional intelligence. You enjoy building and cultivating relationships to drive business outcomes
What you’ll need:
- Demonstrated success (minimum 2 years’ experience agency, publisher or in-house) of successful branded content creation.
- Excellent creative writing skills with a high level of attention to detail and impeccable use of grammar and punctuation.
- Strong understanding of the relationship between copy and design and knowledgeable in digital and social trends.
- Knowledge of CMS platforms and web analytics tools.
- Commercial mindset, excellent time management and ability to manage multiple stakeholders and deadlines.
What you’ll get from us:
- Fantastic employee benefits including discounted flights for you, your family and friends (across domestic and international) and global accommodation options.
- Study assistance – we offer support for study linked to development.
- Team member development – we have our own in-house learning and development centre.
- Employee Assistance Program – we have 24-hour support for our team members and their families.
This opportunity won’t be around for long. Don’t delay and miss your chance to be part of the Velocity Digital Revolution; apply now!
Advertised : AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close : AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now