We know what sets Virgin Australia apart is our people and the drive that we all have to make a real difference for our guests. Our culture encourages innovation whilst ensuring that our guests remain the focus of our business. We deliver a highly professional and polished service, whilst ensuring that we are safe in everything that we do. We want dedicated people who are passionate about customer service and ready for the challenge of working in a challenging environment.
The reality is that being a team member of the Virgin Australia group of airlines involves hard work but is very rewarding. Our people are at the cornerstone of the business and their award winning service to every guest every day is putting the magic back into flying.
About the role:
As an Infrastructure Specialist, you will develop a strong understanding of VA’s application and IT Infrastructure landscape as you analyse business problems and develop solutions. You will be responsible for capturing business requirements, translating these into technical solutions and working with our IT vendors and partners to execute.
Joining our Corporate Technology and IT Operations team, you will be seen as the Subject Matter Expert for Microsoft based platforms and be the key escalation point for all Infrastructure and Microsoft queries. Other key responsibilities will include:
- Analysing and troubleshooting critical incidents
- Quality assurance for IT support services and overseas vendors ensuring activities are delivering to SLAs
- Assist with Microsoft License Management
- Coordination and driving of system upgrades and projects
- Project work – reviewing designs, and overseeing technical delivery.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in Microsoft Exchange with knowledge of Office 365 or other cloud technologies being advantageous.
You will also have:
- A comprehensive understanding of IT Infrastructure environments in a large-scale enterprise context
- Understanding of application architecture and development principles
- Demonstrated practical skills associated with management and operational support of IT infrastructure and associated technical architecture.
- Vendor engagement/ management experience
What you’ll get from us:
Other than the opportunity to work for an award winning airline…
As an Infrastructure Specialist, you will work on large Projects across the Virgin Australia business, working with key stakeholders and cementing your name as a SME on all things Microsoft.
And as a Virgin Australia team member, you will also receive fantastic employee benefits including discounted flights for you, your family and friends (across domestic and international) and global accommodation options.
If you’re interested in Cloud technologies and consider yourself a wiz with Microsoft Infrastructure, then we want to hear from you.
PositionDescription Infrastructure Specialist - Microsoft Systems v02.pdf