Virgin Australia Group operates more than 130 aircraft over multiple fleets. We fly to over 50 destinations both domestic and international, with around 400 flights daily with the help of over 1400 Flight Crew and more than 3000 Cabin Crew to get us there. The Resource Planning team manages the short to long term planning for our crew resources across multiple bases in Australia and New Zealand and over 8 Enterprise Bargaining Agreements (EBA’s), maintaining the delicate balance of resources required to effectively and efficiently operate the flight schedule.
About the roles:
We have a variety exciting opportunities to join Virgin Australia’s expanding Resource Planning Team. These include;
- Resource Planner - Rostering
Working in a diverse and professional team of aircrew resource planners and analysts you will be responsible for the provision, advice and delivery of compliant aircrew rosters for the Virgin Australia fleet
- Resource Planner – Training
This role involves coordination of all aspects of Flight Crew ongoing training requirements including initial, upgrade, conversion and recurrent training programs, along with the management and maintenance of all associated records and qualifications
Partners with multiple stakeholders from all levels across the business to develop resource solutions that support our complex and diverse business requirements. Exciting challenges for this role include the production and management of resource plans taking into account productivity targets, training requirements, crew availability, cost control, regulatory and EBA compliancy, fatigue management and long term strategic planning, in a constantly changing environment. A key aspect of this role is the modelling and analysis of strategic and improvement initiatives.
Depending on your skills and expertise, duties will vary but your experience will include;
- Demonstrated success in a similar resource planning or rostering role within the Aviation industry
- Ability to interpret and apply regulatory rules to ensure strict compliance
- Ability to apply industrial rules and enterprise agreements within a large organisation
- Excellent communication skills with a variety of stakeholders across all levels
- Utilisation of resource management systems i.e. KRONOS Pairings and PBS Rostering, Sabre Aircrews or Geneva; and MS Office in particular Excel and PowerPoint
- Proven problem solving skills, particularly within the context of a cost and efficiency focused environment
- Adaptability in a dynamic and challenging environment
If you enjoy working as part of a close knit, supportive team environment and are looking for your next challenge, this could be the role for you! Virgin Australia offers a dynamic work environment where no two days are the same. Take advantage of great development opportunities and amazing employee benefits. Apply now!
Resource Planner PD - RosteringTraining.pdf
Resource Analyst PD - 20JUL17.pdf